CameraBag & Fotograf Forums
Nina

Sharpening Not Exporting (Mac) (V3)

I was able to find a old post on this, but the answer didn't help me. Figured I would start a new topic because I am getting SUPER frustrated. 

Like my image before export, when I export the image smoothes back out. Doesn't matter if I zoom upon editing, I cannot replicate what I am seeing in Camerabag to .JPEG. Literally using screenshots for my desired effects. 

Is there any resolution to this beyond working around it...just a real fix? 

Thanks in Advance! 
Nina

The sharpening should definitely be true to what's shown if you are at 100% zoom; if you are zoomed out then your computer might be approximating the sharpening effect. If you take a screenshot and 100% zoom (with the desired sharpen level) and compare the exported image file AT THE ORIGINAL IMAGE SIZE they should be the same--if not, can you send us those files (screenshot, image) and some details (computer info/effect tray settings/etc) to see if we can figure out what's making it not seem the same on your screen? Also, are you on CameraBag Cinema or CameraBag for photos?

Hi Presque, 

Unless I am doing something wrong, I am still not getting the result I see in CameraBag for photos. Please see attached screenshot of them side by side. Screenshot at 100% and image file exported from CameraBag. One image is significantly softer.

Thanks,
Nina

Screen Shot 2016-06-06 at 3.19.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-06-06 at 3.19.35 PM.png

sampleA.jpg

Hm. It looks like these two images are different sizes--maybe they were zoomed to fit, rather than zoomed to 100%? (You can see that the last two images you attached are different pixel sizes.)