CameraBag & Fotograf Forums
ElecProg

LUTs and Lab

Hi,

I was wondering, since CB Cinema supports it, if it is possible to bring LUTs to CB2 too? And apart from that, the only thing missing for me are different colorspaces and especially Lab.

Thank you for making this awesome piece of software!

Sincerely,

Evert Provoost

hey just to second Everet on all accounts  - and want to reiterate his request on the background of CB 3/Photo :-)

- first off, its an awesome, because decent but very meaningful upgrade (especially with view to color wheels + differentiated shadow/highlight controls ... and I still have to check the new masking ability)

- given the direction of the newest improvements in CB3, but also personal "need", and the fact of ever-growing availability of LUT charts/tools/functions in photo-editing tools, I do also second strongly the wish for being able to use LUTs in CB-Photo too. (in some cases, it is now the only reason, I do not do my whole finishing in CB, but turn back to PS or Affinity...)

best + keep up that good development!

oliver

Edited by lerone
clarification (case for CB3 specifically)

Yeah, LUTs continue to be a higher-end Cinema-only feature, since they're pro-oriented, but do note that if you have Cinema you can use them on both photos and videos in there. Thanks for the kind words!

One issue with the pro-oriented features like LUT support is that they can not be used on PC / Windows. If someone wants to use the pro version (Camerabag Cinema) and all the stuff like LUT support, i have to buy a mac computer to use it. Are there plans to release it on Windows too? If not, i think it would be nice to have something like Camerabag Photo Extended with LUT Support that runs on windows.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback! Yes, we do have a Windows version of CameraBag Cinema in the works, and hope to release it before too long. :) (If you want to make sure you're among the first to know when a beta/release version comes out, you can sign up for the updates newsletter on the front page of http://nevercenter.com)