CameraBag & Fotograf Forums
mikerophonics

Saving Video Files that won't on any other software

I have just bought this software to grade my father's 8mm cine film that has been telecined to HD video for his 80th birthday that has not seen the light of day for over 50 years. The grading seems to work fine but every file that I save is un-openable in other software such as Media Composer, Pro Tools HDX, Media -Slave2, VLC or Mpegstreamclip.

Very disappointed - I can't make his birthday deadline and have to give him un-graded and un-mixed raw footage :-(

I saved the files as an MP4  - please see attached screenshots

I hope I am just missing something simple here?

thanks for anyone's help

cheers

Mike

OSX 10.10.3, 32GB ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 1024 MB

screenshot_119.jpg

screenshot_120.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Mike, thanks for the info. Are you able to open the file in Quicktime? Have you also tried .mov or .m4v? We haven't had any other reports of mp4 issues. Hope we can get it working for you!

-John

Absolutely--we'd love to get to the bottom of this; it sounds like a perfect use for CameraBag and this is strange behavior. You can send the file to support@nevercenter.com and we'll take a look.

I wonder if something corrupted it on saving out, like an interruption/glitch while it was exporting. Can you also send us an original file and what export settings you are using to save the graded version out of CameraBag? That way we can run tests on the same process and see if we can figure out what's going on.

corrupt file enroute via wetransfer

The original file is huge 7.7GB as it is full HD 1080. I don't have the process used saved. But I am sure I can recreate this, as both times that i have used this software and tried to save it, it has created files that won't open in anything else, so I suspect the error is in the output file saving/converting stage not the render stage?

Let's hope we can get to the bottom of this...

Hi Mike,

Sorry about the delay--we had an unexpectedly busy week. What we really need is the file before it went in to CameraBag Cinema so we can try to recreate the error. (We don't necessarily need that huge file if the same same error on a smaller file--that would be perfect, too.) Can you send us any original file that won't open after being exported through CameraBag?

Also: Is this happening on all files you export through CameraBag Cinema, or just the one super large one?

Love to find a fix on this, and hope to have some answers for you soon!

On 8/30/2016 at 0:57 PM, mikerophonics said:

Hello support - you have downloaded my file that i sent. Any news....?

It looks like the file you sent us is still not the readable original *before* you run it through CameraBag. We need an original file, plus the export settings you're using, to try to recreate the issue.