CameraBag & Fotograf Forums

Hi.

I have purchased CameraBag Photo 3.0.100 (NC) and loaded on PC with Windows 7 Home Premium. When loading images (.jpg) the following error is displayed:

WIC error: pFactory is NULL.

Then clicking OK the program closes.

Anybody knows how to fix this problem? 

Thanks in advance. 

Hi Gideon! Sorry about the trouble--we had reports of this error previously, but then an update fixed it for the people who had reported in, and now we just got two new reports in today.

Can you try downloading/installing from this link and tell us if this fixes the error for you? http://nevercenter.com/download/CameraBag_Photo_Win_3_0_1b.zip

Hope to get this solved for you quickly!

I get the same error when trying to load ARW Files from my Sony Alpha 7. I am on Windows 8.1 and i wanted to test the newest trial version of Camerabag. I installed the Sony ARW Codec but this did not help either.

I just want to add some information about this problem:

I also get this error message when trying to open DNG files. But this can be solved installing Adobe DNG Codec 2.0. But as mentioned above: Installing ARW Codec for opening ARW Files does not work. Maybe there is a problem with Microsoft WIC Interface and Sony A7 RAW Codecs?

On 30/3/2017 at 11:24 PM, Presque said:

Hi Gideon! Sorry about the trouble--we had reports of this error previously, but then an update fixed it for the people who had reported in, and now we just got two new reports in today.

Can you try downloading/installing from this link and tell us if this fixes the error for you? http://nevercenter.com/download/CameraBag_Photo_Win_3_0_1b.zip

Hope to get this solved for you quickly!

Unfortunately this did not solved the problem.