CameraBag & Fotograf Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thomas

Question about Extensions

Hi Guys, 

I have a question: Does Mac extensions for Photos work if I buy CameraBag 2 directly from the Website? 

I've downloaded the trial version, and extensions are not working. Not sure if buying a license will allow me work with CameraBag extensions.

Thank you! 

Thanks for trying out CameraBag! 

Unfortunately, Extensions only work on the Mac App Store version, due to Apple's rules regarding Extensions and Sandboxing. While we are required to have Sandboxing turned on for the MAS version (and to use Extensions at all), we have them turned off for the Nevercenter-downloaded version to preserve other features (which turning on Sandboxing automatically disables, such as using the arrow keys in-app to browse through all of the photos in a given folder).

Tldr; Buying the license for the site demo version won't fix them, but they do work on the MAS download. :) Hope this helps!

I'm afraid it comes down to which feature you want more: arrow key navigation is only available in the website version, extensions are only available on the MAS version.

Sorry for the confusion! We're not very happy with some of these situations Apple forces us into, either.