CameraBag & Fotograf Forums
JackB

program quits when I save as

Hi Jack! Thanks for the report--can you tell us a bit about your system/setup so we can try to recreate the issue? (We're not seeing it happen on our test machines, so we need to figure out what kind of machine/setup is needed to recreate the bug.)

1. What version of Mac OS are you running?
  2. What type of image are you using? (JPG, PNG, etc)
  3. Where are the images located on your computer? (Or are they on an external HD?)
  4. Does this do it EVERY TIME with EVERY IMAGE or just sometimes, or with some images? 
  5. As a specific example, if you open a smallish JPG, just use the Adjustments > Saturation tile and slide the amount to 0 so the image becomes greyscale, and then do File > Save As..., what happens?

The sooner we can get the details to recreate what's happening, the sooner we can work on a fix. :) Thanks again for reporting the issue!

Hi Allie, would it be possible to send along one of these videos to support@nevercenter.com? We'd love to see if we can recreate this.

It's been happening to me too.

Details:

iMac

Mac OSX Yosemite: 10.10.5

Processor: 3.1 Ghz Intel Core i7

Memory: 16 Gigs

I load in RAW .R3D files shot in 4K, edit them fine, try to SAVE AS - the export goes all the way to the end of the process but the app unexpectedly quits and the file it creates is not finished wrapping so it can't be opened.

Can you send us the file (or a link to a download of the file) at support@nevercenter.com? We'd love to be able to recreate this here so we can fix it!

We just released an update (v1.0.103) that we hope will fix the crash at the end of saving. You can download it from http://nevercenter.com/camerabag/cinema/download

(Complete update change log at http://nevercenter.com/camerabag/cinema/whats_new )

When you get the chance to try it, let us know--we'd love to confirm that this fixes the issue for you!