CameraBag & Fotograf Forums
bayindirh

CameraBag 2.8.01 Crashes on Save

Hello, I'm experiencing a repeatable bug (crash) on the latest version of CameraBag 2.8.01 on Mac. I'm reporting it according to your template, below.

What the bug is: CameraBag is crashing (in a reliable way) while saving a file. I expected it to save my file and continue, but the application crashed with a crash report (Which is attached).

Steps to reproduce the bug:

• Open CameraBag
  • Load a file using the big "Load an Image" button on the screen
  • Make adjustments with love, see results with amazement
  • Go to File, click Save As... Select any format (PNG and JPEG has guaranteed results), Click Save...
  • Select somewhere you cannot save (e.g. select the root of your hard drive)
  • Click save 
  • Boom.

System details:

• CameraBag 2.8.01 (EP)
  • OS X 10.11.3 "El Capitan"
  • MacBook Retina 15", Mid 2014 (Complete system specs are here)
  • System is formatted with case sensitive file system.

Other details: Nothing to note.

CameraBag 2.8.01 Crash Report.txt

Hi Ray! Are you having this issue like the initial poster where it is specifically to places you don't have permission to save into (e.g. hard drive root)? That's the only place we've found this as a repeatable bug.

I'm having the same issue and it doesn't matter where I try to save it. The file is a large file format (44mb). I'm on Win 10. I just upgraded to 2.8.01 from 2.7x to see if that would solve it, and it still does it.

Ps. I just saved it to a jpeg, creating a much smaller file size (7mb), and still having and issue. The current pixel size is 5650w x 7588h. When I changed that by 50 percent in Photoshop, that file then worked in Camera Bag.

Edited by larry.vasquez

It seems like it crashes when I try to save the large imported image back out to a large image. If I save the 5650w x 7588h image back out to something much smaller, it doesn't crash. I haven't found out what the max pixel resolution I can save it out to before it crashes.