CameraBag & Fotograf Forums

when I try to import photo (jpeg or raw) the program always show

camerabag can't open that image.You may need to install divers from your camera manufacturer if you're trying to open RAW files.

I use windows 10 64bit

thankyou

That is very weird! What is the file extension on your jpegs? On the raw images? What is the exact total file path of a file you're trying to load that doesn't work?

I'm on the steam version and have the samse issue. I need to open CR2 files and the same window shows. what should I do?

Can you email support@nevercenter.com and include your operating system, OS version, and full file path of a file that doesn't load (so we can see if there are any weird characters in the file path that are causing trouble)? On Windows you may have to download the Microsoft Camera Codec Pack to be able to load CR2 files: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26829.

On ‎03‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 9:15 AM, lovemoonphoto said:

when I try to import photo (jpeg or raw) the program always show

camerabag can't open that image.You may need to install divers from your camera manufacturer if you're trying to open RAW files.

I use windows 10 64bit

thankyou

I'm having the same problem, i can't open any type of files, jpg, png, nothing opens! I using Windows 10 x64bits, i have the steam version too.
Too bad, used to work just fine on Windows 8.1 x64.
Here a screenshot.

camerabag2bug.jpg

Strange, we have no problems here on the Steam version on Windows 10. I'd suggest requesting a refund form Steam and picking it up from our site instead (after testing to make sure the version from Nevercenter.com works fine). Steam can do some weird stuff, it's impossible to track down all the things that can go wrong on the millions of different system setups.

It's probably something on my windows then, but i did some messing around and happens that i figured out how to open files again. Here's what i did if someone run into this too.

1 - Go to program folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\CameraBag 2);
2 - Right click on "CameraBag2.exe" and then choose "Troubleshooting Compatibility";
3 - On the next window, choose "Troubleshoot Program" option.
4 - Check "The program worked in earlier versions of Windows..." and "The Program works but doesn't display correctly", and then Next;
5 - Choose "Windows 8" and then Next.
6 - Choose "Error message saying the program needs to run in 256 colors or 8-bit color mode", then next;
7 - Click on "Test Settings" and see if the program works... Worked for me!
8 - If it worked (i hope), go back to the troubleshoot windows and click Next, then choose "Yes, save these setting for this program".

The window to open files change then, but it finally works!

fix1.png

fix2.png

fix3.png

fix4.png

fix5.png

fix6.png

fix7.png

fix8.png

fix9.png

• Like 1

I'm having the same problem on a mac, specifically with JPGS I just bought on a stock photo site. Weirdly, older smaller files open fine. Is there a maximum size file that camera bag can accept?