CameraBag & Fotograf Forums
Chrissy Chapstick

Applying Quicklook filters in the Quiklook window just like on the app

I have been using the app on my iPad for a very long time and love it. What I've gotten used to is selecting a filter I like, clicking it, and using the arrow on the right to save changes. And that's it, voila!

As a terrible Photoshop user, I appreciate the bells and whistles part of the desktop program, but what I really want is the laziness I can ooze by selecting a filter and CLICK, it's applied!

Why can't I do this in the Quicklook window?!?!? It is making me positively insane that I am allowed to see these lovely -potential- alterations, but not be able to apply them like in the app!

Am I overlooking something? And if so, what is it?

Please help, I want to use the desktop, but it's making me tear my hair out in frustration!

Hi Chrissy! The Quicklooks should work exactly as you describe--you see the look, then click on it to get that result. Are you in the Presets tab of CameraBag on your desktop computer? This tab is the place to go for one-stop looks for your photos.

So here's what you can do to get that same iPad-ease:

1. Run CameraBag on your desktop computer, open a photo in it, and click on the Presets tab.
  2. Click on the Quicklook button at the top of the list in the Presets tab.
  3. In the full-screen page of Quicklook previews that appears, click on the preview that you like to apply that look to your photo.

You can then use File > Save As to save out a copy of your photo with the new look. Hope this helps!