Object Display Mode
Default Shortcut: None
Menu Path: Display > Object Display Mode
The Object Display Mode submenu allows you to change the way objects are displayed. Changes made will affect only the currently selected or active objects.
- Display the object in wireframe mode, meaning faces are not rendered.
Flat Shade Mode
- Display each polygon of the object as a flat face with no smoothing.
Smooth Shade Mode
- Display the object as a smooth surface.
Fast Shade Mode
- Display the object as a smooth surface with the default material and no textures (for extra speed gain).
Ghosted Shade Mode
- Display the object as a semi-transparent smooth surface.
- Overlay the object's wireframe.
- Display any textures applied to the object.
- Display a representation of the object's face normals.
- These options affect the entire object, not just selected components of an object.