MacOS and Windows
Press / Business Contact:
Pixelmash brings a whole new approach to pixel art by letting you paint or import high-resolution images, then non-destructively pixelize and apply other layer effects to turn it into amazing pixel art.
This lets you do *really* cool things, such as:
- Create animations using layer transforms (rather than having to paint every frame pixel-by-pixel)
- Make outlines, shading, and dithering easily adjustable by having them applied non-destructively as layer effects
- Easily create different resolutions and color variants of the same image
- Convert photos or other hi-res artwork into pixel art using layer effects and the resolution slider
- And much more!
Pixelmash Launch Press Release
Pixelmash released on Mac/PC for $25, innovative new pixel art software
Acclaimed creative software company Nevercenter has just released Pixelmash, an innovative new pixel art software for Windows and MacOS. Pixelmash allows artists and game makers to craft pixel art and animations using a completely new technique, based on painting or importing an image in a high-resolution layer, and then non-destructively pixelizing and applying other layer effects to create beautiful pixel art. This makes several traditionally difficult pixel art tasks much easier:
- Creating animations using layer transforms (rather than having to paint every frame pixel-by-pixel).
- Making outlines, shading, and dithering easily adjustable by having them applied non-destructively as layer effects.
- Easily creating different resolutions and color variants of the same image./li>
- Converting photos or other hi-res artwork into pixel art using layer effects and the resolution slider.
- And much more!
Press kit: https://nevercenter.com/pixelmash/press
Pixelmash is currently available for $25 at nevercenter.com/pixelmash for both Mac and PC, and via the Mac App Store. Licenses purchased via the website are cross-platform.
Pixelmash Trailer YouTube
Pixelmash 1.0.01 Full Walkthrough YouTube
Making a Shaded Animated Bouncy Ball in Pixelmash in 2 Minutes YouTube
There are far more images available for Pixelmash, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!