Convert Selection To
Default Shortcut: Shift + A, Shift + S, Shift + D
Menu Path: Selection > Convert Selection To
The Convert Selection To submenu allows you to switch between component (vertex, edge, and face) selection modes while retaining the current selection. Only components of the new selection mode which had all of their elements selected in the old mode will be selected. For example, all vertices of a face must be selected in Vertex mode in order for it to be selected when you convert to Face mode. For a more detailed explanation of the various selection modes, see the Selection Mode submenu.
- Converts the selection into vertices. All vertices of selected objects, faces, or edges will become selected.
- Converts the selection into edges. All edges with both of their vertices included in the current selection will become selected.
- Converts the selection into faces. All faces with all of their vertices included in the current selection will become selected.
- Some prefer this mode of converting selection to the default mode of switching selections which does not maintain the selection.
- Although you cannot convert a selection to Object mode, you can convert a selection from Object mode to any of the other modes, which will select all of that object's components.