Difference between revisions of "Lathe Object"
(New page: none ''Default Shortcut: None'' ''Menu Path: Create > Lathe Object'' ==Description== Description.The Lathe Object command allows you to revolve a 2D...)
m (Protected "Lathe Object" [edit=sysop:move=sysop])
Latest revision as of 23:53, 11 August 2008
Default Shortcut: None
Menu Path: Create > Lathe Object
Description.The Lathe Object command allows you to revolve a 2D profile around an axis, creating a new 3-dimensional object. Properties of the lathe can be changed in the options window.
- The number of radial sections in the lathed object.
- The degrees of rotation.
- How close end points need to be to be merged at the ends of the lathe.
- The axis around which to rotate the 2D profile (World X/Y/Z, Local X/Y/Z, Endpoints).
- Toggle capped ends on/off.
- Lathe will also work with a closed polygon or 3-dimensional object as a source, but may produce unexpected results. A line segment profile is recommended.
- You can Lathe an open or closed line segment.