Manual Page Template
From Nevercenter 3D Modeling Wiki
Revision as of 17:40, 16 June 2008 by Jamchild
Description of command
Subdivide - C
- Subdivide creates a smoothed version of an object underlying the original object. Edits applied to the original polygon mesh will affect the subdivided shape. This operation can be performed multiple times to create a smoother underlying shape. You can use the Paint Displacement tool to displace the smooth subdivided surface using brush tools.
Unsubdivide - V
- If an object has been subdivided, Unsubdivide goes back one level of subdivision. This can be performed until there is no underlying subdivided shape.
Refine Control Mesh - Shift + C
- Refine Control Mesh deletes the polygonal control mesh and makes the underlying subdivided shape at the current subdivision level directly editable.
- Crease Edges makes the subdivided shape more closely conform to the control mesh along the creased edges. Creased edges cannot be exported to other applications, unless you refine the control mesh.
- Uncrease Edges removes creases (if applied) from the selected edges.
- Subdivision in Silo can be used to preview how a rendered model will look.
- Subdivision behaves unexpectedly with non-manifold geometry (e.g. where more than two faces share a single edge). If you see "spikes" in your mesh when subdividing, this is most likely the cause. This is not a bug.
Please post all bugs in the Bug Reports wiki, and then add a link to that post here.