Other Learning Resources
From Nevercenter 3D Modeling Wiki
Revision as of 19:51, 12 July 2009 by Cgdigg
Links to other 3D graphics sites and resources.
Basic 3D Graphics Discussion
- CGDigg - Digg, for CG (Computer Graphics) related information, vote on your favourite story or submit info you've found.
- CGsociety - Full service digital art portal. The site includes a forum and wiki, artists portfolios etc.
- 3dTotal, Graphics Portal - Full service, UK based, 3d art portal. Network includes forum, store, gallery etc.
- Polycount, Videogame Art Resource and Community - Basic 3d modeling forum.
- Highend 3D - News and forum focused on Maya, 3dsmax, Renderman, ZBrush, Shake and XSI.
- The Dream Team 3d - French Graphics portal and forum with some English content
- Subdivision Modeling - Basic forum focused on Subdivided Modeling
- Nurbs and Polys - Basic forum focused on Nurbs and Polygonal Modeling
- CG Hub Social network, portal and forum for 2D and 3D CG Art and Entertainment
- VfCast - video forum displaying 3D content
- Spin Quad 3D - modeling and animation forum
- CG Land - key Korean portal. Most content in Korean
Reference Image Sites
- Fineart.sk - Free Human anatomy reference images
- The Blue Prints.com - lost of hard surface images for trucks, planes, motorcycles etc.
- 3d.sk - paid but royalty free human anatomy reference images
- 3D Reference - Site that links out to other with reference images, objects, etc.
- Character Designs - Free photo sets of models in various poses
- Motor Cities - Images of nearly every car ever produced.
- CG Talk Wiki - content about studios, games, software packages etc.
- Blender on WikiBooks - 3D Modeling tutorials that cover various topics for beginning and advanced users.
Sculpture and Drawing
- Conceptart.org - 2D Drawing Portal and Forum
- eatpoo forum - Informal 2D Drawing Forum
- The Society of Figurative Arts - Forum focused on more classical art
Models and Textures
- CG Textures - Loads of free textures for everything from building to animals
- TDT3D Seamless Textures - Free texture files for those with free TDT3D membership.
Application Specific Forums
- Zbrush Central - Displacement Painting
- Area Autodesk Forums - Official forum for Autodesk products
- 3D Coat Forum - Displacement Painting
- Setup Tab - Messiah Forum for Users of Messiah Rendering Software
- Nevercenter Tutorials - Official tutorial site for Silo
- Guerrilla CG - Warehouse of high quality CG training videos. Appears to be down currently.
Computer Animation Studios
- 3D computer graphics in Canada
- Disney Animation Studio
- Sony Imageworks
- Weta Digital
- Digital Domain
- Rhythm and Hues
- Hatch Studios (Uses Silo)
- The Mill (Uses Silo)
- Aqsis Renderer - Open source RenderMan-compliant 3D rendering solution, available for Windows, Linux, MacOS X and others (cross-platform).
- Indigo Renderer - Freeware physically-based unbiased render engine.
- Kearkythea - Freeware physically-based unbiased render engine with an interface! Supports photon mapping, MLT, additional render methods and accepts OBJ files (rotate 90 degrees around X-axis before export).
- Bricks'n'Tiles - Free program for generating realistic brick and tile surfaces in renderers. Commercial use requires purchase.
- trueSpace7 - Free modeler and renderer that includes tutorials.
- Yafray - Open Source Renderer
- Panal - Program distributes renders over various computers
- Sunflow - Open Source free renderer, specifically for photo realism
Other Sites of Interest
- Gomotion Animation Magazine
- GLC player - free viewer for 3D model obj files.
- 3d02.com 3D model store - answer freelance requests for modeling or buy 3D models created by other artists.
- Wikipedia Article on 3D modeling packages - discusses various software packages.