We’re happy to announce that Silo 2022.2 has been released, with convenient new tools for aligning and evenly distributing selected items, plus support for viewport navigation using 3Dconnexion’s SpaceMouse hardware! We’ve also squashed several user-reported bugs.
DOWNLOAD SILO 2022.2: nevercenter.com/silo/download
WATCH RELEASE VIDEO: youtu.be/n1Clsiwj4zk
The new Align/Distribute window can be found in the Modify menu. It works with shape, face, edge, or vertex selections, with buttons to align or evenly distribute selections along a given axis. Also included is an option to align using the first or last selected object, or the average of all selected objects.
We’ve also added support for viewport navigation using 3Dconnexion’s SpaceMouse hardware (in perspective viewports only for now). SpaceMouse lets you intuitively navigate 3D spaces with 6 degrees of freedom, zooming, panning, and rotating simultaneously with one hand while your other hand can stay on your mouse or keyboard.
Changes in 2022.2
- Added new Align/Distribute window (accessible from the Modify menu) to easily align and evenly distribute selected elements along a given axis
- Added support for viewport navigation using 3Dconnexion SpaceMouse (in perspective viewports only for now)
- Viewport reference images now auto-reload when the source file is changed
- Fixed issue with viewport images not saving/loading with project files
- Fixed issue with international characters causing texture map files not to load
- Fixed issue where undocked windows weren’t being remembered correctly when re-opening the application
- Fixed issue where generating normal or displacement maps sometimes wasn’t working properly
- Fixed an issue where changing texture map images could cause screen to go black
- Various other bug fixes
The update is FREE for all users who purchased Silo from nevercenter.com within the last year; simply download the new version from the Silo webpage. If you need to purchase an upgrade to your license, want to check if you need to, or generally check on the details of your license, you can do so at nevercenter.com/upgrade.
Enjoy! As always, we love to hear from you—send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or reach out via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube. We want to hear your thoughts so we can keep updating with your requests, and we love to see what you are creating!